Monday, December 1, 2014

Hidalgo for the Holidays ... and "He Is the Gift"

Buenas,

So we got the transfer call yesterday and...I will be staying! And Elder Thornton will be getting transferred on Tuesday but we still don't know to where yet. I am pretty happy that I am staying because we have a lot going on in our area right now so that's exciting. I don’t know who my new companion will be. It's been a pretty crazy week – I don’t really know where to begin. There was no turkey bowl game here :( but we had five meal appointments on Thanksgiving and four of them were in a row! We had one at 12:00, then 3:00, 4:00, 5:30, and 7:00 and after that I was just toast, oh my gosh, I don't know if I have ever been that full, it was a ton of food. It was all so good though – I love Thanksgiving food now, haha. It sounds like it was super fun at home, too, with everyone visiting. The pictures look great!

The Santos family is doing great and they came to church yesterday, too! They are learning a lot and we had a really good lesson with the mom about the Word of Wisdom and I helped her throw all her cigarros away. It was pretty cool. My feet are doing a lot better, thanks for the prayers! I know it's pretty crazy, right?

To answer your question, for Christmas I would like a 2015 Texas Rangers baseball calendar and the new iPhone when I get home. One of the members showed me his iPhone 6 and my mind was literally blown, I couldn’t even believe it. And he hooked up my thumbprint to it and that was sick, too. Oh, ok, a question: is Frozen a big thing? Seemingly out of nowhere, I feel like everything that Wal-mart sells has Frozen characters on it and I don't even know what it is – haha. That's cool about the Benson baby as well! I’m sending some pictures home, too.

I love y’all so much and I love my mission a ton!!! Have y’all watched the "He Is the Gift" video" the Church produced? It is AWESOME – share it on social media, show it in Seminary, it’s so cool. South Texas is the best! Look up the Hidalgo Festival of Lights online and you'll see what's happening down here :) All of it is in my area.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment