Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference was Awesome!!

Muy buenas,

Man what a great week!! Conference was awesome! I also loved the talks in other languages (especialmente en espanol). Whenever it came on in Spanish we would all go to the other room and listen to it in Spanish live, it was sick! I only got to watch the first session on Saturday and then the two on Sunday because an elder in my district was sick so I went with him back to a missionary apartment close to the church so he could sleep and rest. It was a good experience even though I wasn’t watching conference because I was there for six hours while this elder was pretty much sleeping and I thought I was going to go crazy!! During this time I: read a ton of the New Testament, studied a map of the greater McAllen/Mission area, read a little book about cool missionary stories, looked at all the pictures in the gospel art book probably 3 or 4 times, did all the dishes in this apartment (it wasn’t ours because ours is farther away), re-organized the community food cupboard, took a 1 ½ hr nap, and then did a punch of push-ups, pull-ups, and curls with the weights they had. I was so bored!!!! It just made me want to go out and work super bad but it was pretty funny. I loved the conference sessions I did see though. Wow!!! (note: you can check out the talks from October 2014 General Conference here).

This was a pretty crazy week for me as well. I went on a super long exchange with an elder because I was doing some last-minute baptismal interviews and it was a blast. We had three food appointments in one day too, so that was fun as well. Yea, I'm not sure if we'll be able to watch that movie or not – probably not would be my guess but let me know how it goes! (He’s talking about the documentary: “Meet the Mormons.”) Yes, I am in the Hidalgo zone. Yes, we beat MBA!!!!!!!!!

Life is good though. I love having prophets and apostles to lead and guide us to do what's right in our lives. They don't make our decisions for us, but they help us to stay on the path and hold onto the iron rod. Also, not trying to be trunky, but I need you to look some things up for me: when does class registration start for summer term and when does the whole housing sign-up start up as well. (I can't believe I just said that but oh well). I love y'all so much and please keep spreading the gospel!!!!

Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment