Monday, July 21, 2014

Working in Zapata ... and a "Super Powerful Lesson"

Familia, familia!

So this week was good as well! It was pretty crazy and hectic but it was good nonetheless. So I got all the Vandy newspapers on Monday... AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! The dogpile picture!!!!! That's so cool the pictures were sick, oh my gosh!!! It totally made me want to play baseball again – haha!

Another cool thing that happened was that we had interviews with Presidente Maluenda. Man, I love that man he is amazing! It was a really good interview. I learned a lot of cool things especially about planning and goals and how prayer relates to all of them. On Saturday we worked down in Zapata, Texas so that was fun as well. It's about an hour outside of Laredo. It was hotter that hot, though. I was drenched because we had a lesson outside for like an hour-and-a-half and it was nuts, I was just sweating everywhere. I loved it though like there is nothing to complain about here!

"With Elder Dominguez, another missionary from our zone."
We had a super powerful lesson last night. I went on an exchange with another elder and we just threw fire for like two hours. We met someone who is from Salt Lake City and is down here working with a company selling security systems. He went to Seminary for a year and knows everything about the Gospel, so we just wanted to know why he wasn’t baptized. It got to the point and he told us that his dad said if he got baptized, he would disown him and not call him his son...so we had him call his dad right then and there and I mean, it was SO intense it was like watching a game 7 in extra innings, I LOVED IT!!!! And on the phone, literally his dad said these words: “Mihijo, no te preocupes, estamos bien aqui!!!" That means like: “My son, don’t worry about us, we are fine here.” It was so amazing! And so he hangs up the phone and we look at him and we were just like…so, what's it gonna be? Then he just said that no, it wasn’t his time and stuff; he was super chill about it. So, we'll see what happens. But it was a very powerful lesson. I love being a missionary and I love moments when miracles happen, because we were both praying that the Lord would soften the dad's heart, and then the dad said all would be ok. It was super cool.

Also I’m sending a package home today for Andrew and a letter for him as well. I love y’all!! The Church is true!!!!!

Con Amor,
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment