Monday, July 7, 2014

Thanks to Family and Friends ... and I Love Teaching the Gospel

Buenas,

Ok, first off please say thank you from me to Gar-Gar for her cookies (our whole apartment LOVES them, oh my goodness they are so good!!!), and Sis. Overmyer for the package and the Young Women in the ward for all the stuff they sent. They were all so great and I also loved the letters I got from Gar-Gar and from Grandpa Clair and Grandma Joyce!! I also got a letter from the Crosby’s a while back and it was awesome!! And the birthday emails from the Bien’s and Ellis’ were awesome, too!!

This week was good! It's hot here...and it's getting hotter. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!! Nothing really too big happened here, like when we asked people what they were doing for the holiday, they were just like “umm…nothing” so it wasn't super crazy. But Presidente still wanted us in at 6:30 p.m. so we just played the board game “Sorry” in our apartment. This week was good though, even when things don't go our way, it is still a good week because I am a missionary and there's nothing better than that!!

"This is me on the 4th of July."
OK, love the hat! And, check out the tan line on Ethan's wrist!

The work is going well down here, we have quite a few people we are teaching right now but no one has really come out of the woodwork yet, but that's not a bad thing, though. One cool thing that happened this week was we were on our way to a member's house to just stop by and say hi. And on the way over there I got this clear impression to go to a different members house and do the same thing (say hi see if they need help with anything--nothing super major). And so we get there and he is moving some stuff into his garage. And so we jump on in and help them move their stuff. During that time we met this guy’s girlfriend and we just introduced ourselves and that was about it. Then she went inside to do something and the guy starts telling us how he's been having a hard day and just wanted God to give him some peace. He then told us how happy he was that we came to help him and that he wants us to teach his girlfriend! And so we've had two lessons with her already and she is loving it! I know that God knows and cares about each one of us. I have a million stories like this one -- this happens almost on a daily basis because that's how much God cares about us. He is always wanting to cheer us up and help us carry our burdens.

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I love teaching it to people!!!

Con Amor,
Elder Christiansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment