Monday, July 14, 2014

"Nothing better than getting an answer from God!"

Familia, familia,

This past week has been good. It has been hard but good. We found a family of four on Saturday and we had a really powerful lesson with them, and they felt the Spirit and recognized that we are representatives of Jesus Christ. After the father prayed about Joseph Smith and we asked the family how they felt, the mom said, "I feel this peace and I don’t know what it is...I don’t know why but I also feel like there are going to be some big changes coming." OH MAN!!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!?! It was such a cool moment I was just at a loss for words!! There is nothing better than when people realize that they are getting an answer from God and know that they need to change!!!! It was a great little moment!

It's been super hot still, like always. Thanks for telling those people thanks for the things they did for me for my birthday! Also Dad...Mom...Andrew...please, please, please can you send me some more Vandy CWS pics?! Oh and if you already sent them then great, that’s fine too – nothing to stress about, just when you get the chance. Yes Trot at the MTC!!!!! Can you guys get his email address so I can email him? Oh yea, the border is nuts right now. We see it and talk to people everyday and, yea its super sad what's going on. There are a lot of people coming up from Central America right now seeking safety, I feel so bad for them, and it’s a lot of kids. But yea, I’ll tell y’all all about that stuff when I get home.

Life is good though, I love the mission and I love the Savior. I just finished reading The Infinite Atonement by Tad R Callister and it was really, really good. I’m so grateful for the atonement and that Christ died for each one of us. All I hope is that all I do can somehow repay him just a tiny bit for the huge thing He did for me. I am grateful to represent Him daily. Oh, also there is a food that I have come to LOVE on my mission: corn-on-the-cob. Oh man I love it whenever we are fed that (which in reality isn’t that much), but I eat so much of it, haha. I love y’all and I hope y’all have a good week!!! 

Con Amor,
Elder Christiansen


"This is a picture of me leaving the apartment to go out to work!
Haha, jk, but it's a funny one -- and yes, that's sunscreen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment