Monday, June 9, 2014

The One-Year Mark!

June 5, 2014 was the one-year mark of Elder Christiansen's two-years of missionary service. Exciting milestone -- we can't believe how fast the time is going!

"This is our district." Ethan is fourth from the right.

"Elder Brian and me after a long day working in Los Llomas
(not in our area but outside of Laredo)."

"A gas station by our apartment: 'Aceptamos Pesos'
significa 'We Accept Pesos.'"



June 9, 2014

Buenas,

This past week was good once again. So to start off I hit my year mark!! It's crazy to think I've been doing this for a year, I still feel like a greenie! So we burned a white shirt that night to commemorate – it was fun! I’ve also been really sick this week but I'm feeling totally fine today, so no worries. But I did throw up yesterday and we came home from church early, but I think it was something I ate. Life is good, though, I'm still loving the mission! We have Zone Conference this week so I am excited about that, it should be a lot of fun and a lot of revelation and learning by the Spirit. Oh and yes, I am drinking tons of water so no worries!

This is the last week of this transfer, too, and I don't know if I’ll get transferred or not. There have been a lot of rumors that they are going to put sister missionaries in our area, but nobody knows exactly so we’ll see what happens.

How is summer going so far? Is it hot in Tennessee yet? How's summer baseball, too? How are the elders and sisters (missionaries) doing in our ward? Do we have elders or sisters, or both? Also, I have a lot of pictures to send home this week, too. I love y’all!!  Que coma mucho Andrew! (“eat much, Andrew”)

Con Amor (“with love”),
Elder Christiansen

P.S. – Oh, and I’m sending home a package today to Mom only, so just be on the lookout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment