Monday, May 5, 2014

"I Wouldn't Want to be Anywhere Else (No Offense)"

One more week until the Mother's Day Skype call -- so excited! And not offended -- read below. So sweet -- and so glad he is loving his mission service! :)



May 5, 2014

Buenas,

So this past week was awesome!! We got news about transfers and I'm staying in Laredo for another six weeks (yessss)!!!!! I'm also staying with Elder Brian so I was excited about that as well. Brian was confirmed yesterday and so that was great, too! I did the confirmation and it was my first time doing one in English so that was cool! Also, right now we are teaching a family! We have been teaching them for about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks now and they are doing great! It is a mom, a 15-yr old boy, 14-yr old boy, and then a 6-yr old girl, 3-yr old girl, and a 11-month old girl (super, super chubby). They are awesome I love them so much! It has been a little bit of a struggle to get them to church because they don't have a car and they have 6 people in their family but thankfully we found someone to give them a ride and so they all came yesterday! They are also a very poor family. None of them have phones, their little trailito (trailer) has no AC and when we went over on Saturday night their lights had been cut off so please pray for them. For their job they sell tamales y watermelon at the pulga (flea market) so it's been hard for them but they are reading, praying, and coming to church so I know the Lord will bless them.

It was hot this past week – so what's new? Oh, and we got the details for Skype. It will be the same thing we did for Christmas so it will be 45 minutes. And I already talked to a church member and it will be from their house this Sunday sometime between 5-6ish so sean listos! (be ready!). I honestly can't believe it's already May, holy cow, it can't be real ahhhh!!! Also, I won a pair of sunglasses this week at our zone meeting so I’m sending them home to Andrew and it is your birthday present. They are pink and I'm writing a Spanish phrase on the side that everyone says here. Nothing else too super crazy happened this week though. The work is going great – hard as always – but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else (no offense). :)) I'll send some more pictures. Send me y'alls Skype name, too. 

Come mucho y #ILoveWhataburger
Elder Christiansen


"This is our zone at a meeting where I won the pink sunglasses
(that I'm wearing -- haha!). We call this the 'Bro Zone'
because it's the only one in the Texas McAllen
 Mission that doesn't have sister missionaries."
(Note: Elder Christiansen is on the back row, second from left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment