Monday, April 7, 2014

Awesome General Conference ... and Hotter than the Sun!

Elder Christiansen's first two weeks in Laredo have been fun and fruitful. He was so excited to get to watch General Conference and hear all the inspiring talks and music -- you can check it out here.

In addition to being in a new area, Laredo also is the first time Ethan has lived with three other missionaries. Previously, he's just had one roommate. Sounds like it's a good group!


No, these aren't the elders Ethan lives with. :) Under the
gas station awning are "some random dudes dressed up as
transformers on the side of the road here in Laredo." I can't
 imagine how hot it must have been inside those costumes!



April 7, 2014

Hola Familia!

Holy cow General Conference was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Man, if y’all haven’t watched it, make time and watch because it was soooo good! Especially the priesthood session, that was so good! Man, that's awesome about the baseball team, too! Andrew, are you playing on varsity? What position? Send me pics of stuff because I’m sending pics home today, too!

Elder Brian and I are doing great we are currently teaching a lot of people actually but the closest to baptism are Olga and Jorge. Olga is the mom and Jorge is 15 and they are doing great! Jorge is one of the most prepared people I have ever met on my mission, he is a fire-ball and just wants the Gospel of Jesus Christ so bad in his life. Olga is progressing great, too, but she just doesn't know how ready she is. We are planning on having the baptism this Saturday so pray for them please!

It is still hotter than the freaking the sun down here, too, we hit 109 on the car reading this past week and it settled down to 101 (but luckily we were in the car). The other peddle on my bike broke off again so we’re taking that into the shop today as well :(

It was also Elder Brian's birthday this past week and a Church member had us over and we had a little party, it was fun. Nothing else too crazy happened this week. Laredo is still awesome and I love it here! I'm so glad the Lord decided to send me to South Texas and especially Laredo!!!

"These are the elders I live with. Elder Brian is the tallest
one. This photo was taken at his birthday party."

Andrew when is prom? Oh, also there is a fenced-in school by our apartment and it looks literally just like the school from Nacho Libre, it's the same place I swear – haha. We had 2 food appointments for 3 days in a row this week as well. The food here is amazing I love it (as always). And all the members here love me because when I go over I just eat like 3 or 4 plates of food and seriously nothing makes a Mexican lady happier. I hope the Pirates have a good year this year, and also I’m jumping on board with the Texas Rangers because a lot of people like them here and I just love Texas.

I know this church is true and I'm so grateful that we have living prophets and apostles to guide us. It is truly such a miraculous gift for us to live in this last and greatest dispensation. 
Les quiero mucho y come mas de yo andrew. Pongan su confianza en el Senor y el les ayudara en todo. (I love them and I eat more than Andrew. Put your trust in the Lord and help in everything.)

Love y’all,
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment