Monday, April 14, 2014

A Baptism ... and More Adventurous Eating

This week, Elder Christiansen was so excited about the baptism of a 15-year-old young man, whose mom also is learning about the Church and thinking about being baptized as well. The photo below was taken outside the church after the baptism. And, I think Ethan has never been more excited to have an ice-cream cone from McDonald's in his entire life! :) What a brave eater he has become! He's also commenting on friends getting mission calls, friends doing internships for the summer, and various and sundry information and discoveries. And, sharing his testimony of Christ most of all.


April 14, 2014

Buenas,

Ok so this week was awesome as well!! Jorge got baptized and confirmed and he got the Aaronic priesthood!!! Olga didn’t get baptized yet, but they are doing great – I love them so much!!! Keep praying for them!!!! I also got to confirm Jorge so that was cool, too, because that was the first time I gave someone the Holy Ghost and it was in Spanish. But it's getting to the point were it doesn’t matter if I do things in English or Spanish, it's kind of the same now. It's weird but it's so cool. That's cool this week is spirit week, Andrew, and that prom is coming up and stuff, I can’t believe how fast the time is going by!!

Let's see…oh, ok, so I ate the grossest thing of my mission this past week, oh man, like I seriously want to throw-up just thinking about it. So it's called chicharrones, and it is pig skin. Like just straight pig skin. I’ve had this before and it doesn’t taste bad at all when it is grilled and hard – it tastes just like bacon that way. But when it's just boiled...oh ew!!!! It was so moist and squishy and like skin, oh man it was awful! All 4 of us (Elder Brian, Elder Breck, Elder Nichols and me) went over for dinner and we were all just dying trying to make it through the meal. So we are just loading up tortilla after tortilla with tons of rice and beans to try and level out the gross stuff, and it was just gross. Right after we left, we drove to McDonald’s and all got ice-cream cones to get the taste out of our mouths.

That's cool about Bryce and Benjin and Graham. Is Graham still dating that Summer girl, or am I just way behind on that? Ok, ill pray for J. And we bike a lot just because it's easier to talk to people and meet more people like that. I miss being in a bike area a lot just for that reason because you just meet so many people biking/walking. And it keeps you in shape :) Ok will someone just tell me if Andrew is on varsity and what position he is playing?! I’ve asked for like a month and I still have no idea. :) Oh also could you send me the efy 2012 and 2013 cds? And if you do, then just send it to my address in Laredo – we’re tight with the mail guy here. We get fed almost everyday, and probably like 3x a week we have 2 food appointments in the same day so that is always super cool. Oh and I’ll send some pictures, too. Oh and we went to this Mexican store today and I got some cool gifts for y’all for when I come home. Oh, and also I totally fell in absolute LOVE with Whataburger this week – the BBQ chicken strip sandwich blew my mind it was so good. Then we may or may not have gone back the next day as an apartment to get patty melts..haha.

But I love the mission I don’t ever want to leave. There is nothing more gratifying than seeing others come unto Christ and gain access to His Atonement through baptism. I love this gospel and it brings us a peace that cannot be denied. It truly does come from the Lord and He is always with us – no matter what our circumstances are. We are all children of God and we all NEED the gospel. No matter what problems we are going through in life, the gospel, and the teachings of Jesus Christ are the only things that bring us complete joy and peace.

Come bien, Andrew (eat well, Andrew)
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment