Monday, January 6, 2014

Ethan's New Area ... from Donna to Flour Bluff

January 6

Hola amigos!

Well I don't have a whole lot of time today but here are some of the big things that have happened in the past few weeks:

1. I got transferred for the first time! That means that I’m in a new area now. I was in good ol' Donna TX but I am now in Flour Bluff! It is a suburb basically of Corpus Christi and my area is the whole bluff part. It is super different than Donna. There is really no Spanish up here so it is weird doing everything in English now because I was so used to Spanish. It is also a ton nicer here than in Donna. It’s all good though I already love it up here!

2. Christmas and New Year's were good as well. We had a ton of food appointments...which is a blessing and a curse at the same time. It was all good though and I got to talk to my family on skype for while so that was good, too!

3. I am still in a bike area so I'm excited about that (I like being on the bike more than in a car – it’s easier to talk to people and it's more fun!).

4. I also met someone from Tennessee this past week and that was a first as well!

5. I ate the absolutely hottest thing i have ever eaten in my entire life on Christmas Eve. We were at a member of the church’s house and there was this little pepper on the table. So I grabbed one, and another missionary grabbed the other and we both ate them...HUGE mistake. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Literally in less than 5 minutes I was sweating like a monster, my nose was running, and there were tears just flying down my cheeks it looked like I had been crying for days. So after drinking tons of water I got to the point of no return and ran outside and threw-up everywhere on the side of his yard. It was insane, I will never EVER do that again. Oh, and he still doesn’t know I threw-up so that's a plus, too.

Sorry this is pretty short but I don’t have much time. My mission is going great though, I love every second of it. At times is extremely hard and you don't really know what to do, but the lessons and principles I have learned so far have helped me to grow and progress and I am so grateful for those opportunities.

The Church is true!!

Les quiero mucho y come bien andrew!
Elder Christiansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment