Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween in Donna

November 4, 2013

Hola Familia & Amigos!

How’s everyone doing? It’s been another awesome month to be a missionary in the great TMM (Texas McAllen Mission)!! I on my third transfer, my second companion, and I’ve been in Donna, TX for three-and-a-half months! I’m doing my individual and companion study in pure Spanish now, so the language is starting to click, I guess. It was 70 degrees a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t believe how FREEZING cold I was, I’m so used to it being 95! Oh, and I LOVE Mexican food!!

All throughout General Conference,* I couldn’t help but think about how much I love the church and how it helps me learn and grow. When President Monson announced we had reached 15 million members and over 80,000 missionaries, I couldn’t help but feel proud to be a part of this work. It was amazing. I love his prophetic call to all of us, missionary or member, saying, “The time is now" for us to work together. Remember to pray, especially if you’re having a hard time. He is waiting to help us; we just need to ask. I love you all!

Con Amor,
Ethan Christiansen

*Note from me: General Conference is a held twice a year, in April and October, and broadcast throughout the world. It's an opportunity to hear talks and instruction from Church leaders.



Elder Christiansen and Elder Merica,
(Ethan's second companion in Donna, TX).
Elder Merica and Elder Christiansen at the Church
Halloween Party. Nice carving skills!
Elder Christiansen with some of his fellow missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment