Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ethan's Missionary Farewell Speech ... and What Do Missionaries Do Anyway?


Each LDS missionary has the opportunity to speak in Church before heading off on his/her mission. It's another rite of passage in this missionary experience -- a chance for the congregation, family and friends to hear directly from the missionary and say farewell.

We were so excited and grateful to have many family members in town, and friends from Nashville and Ensworth attend Ethan's missionary farewell!


Ethan, me, Doug, & Andrew ready to head off to
church for Ethan's missionary farewell talk.

Ethan spoke about why he's choosing to serve a mission and his love for the Savior. I will never forget the part where he shared his testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, saying: "Brothers and Sisters, I know this Church is true. I don't think I know. I don't kind of know. I know know." It was a powerful witness from a young man so excited to serve Jesus Christ and the people in McAllen, Texas.

Here's more about what Ethan will be teaching.

And here's a great glimpse into what missionaries do.





No comments:

Post a Comment